Friday 27 July 2007

The Senate cat ate my homework!

On 30 May 2007 I e-mailed a submission to the Senate Rural Regional Affairs and Transport (RRAT) Inquiry into Additional Water Supplies for South East Queensland.
The submission was correctly addressed, identified itself as a submission and, contained my name and contact details. At the time it was confirmed as received.
Since then a number of submissions lodged after mine have been posted in the submissions received list on RRAT's webpage.
However, fifty-eight days later and with the Senate's formal report being prepared, the status of my submission is unclear.
After speaking with the RRAT secretariat, it is not certain that the Senate standing committee has even accepted my submission for consideration.
I have to wonder if one particular senator found part of the submission's contents politically inconvenient at this time.
I look forward to any explanation as to why my rather modest submission is apparently being quietly buried.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home