Thursday 16 August 2007

Rumour hath it............(7)

According to rumour the Federal Minister for Environment and Water Resources is becoming hypersensitive over the issue of the Clarence water diversion proposals he is pushing.
It seems someone on his staff may have contacted a Clarence Valley newspaper to vehemently complain about its coverage of Malcolm Turnbull.
Apparently Mr. Turnbull is still trying to assert that he was only opening debate on the diversion issue, even though he has endorsed the creation of terms of reference to take Clarence water diversion options to stage two and further investigation.
Tut, tut - Messrs. Howard and Turnbull either must be smarting over more bad poll results or they think that Clarence Valley residents are fools.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lang Mack said...

Judith, the day this as announced, way back then, I posted on RTS that this was just an election , on the run, ploy, and 99% agreed with me, so, hang in there, it won't happen..It's rained since then and Peter B. is a tad annoyed.:)

16 August 2007 at 5:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lang Mack, the only reason Clarence water diversion may not happen is if NSW Government resolve continues and Messrs. Howard and Turnbull decline to test the Australian Constitution.
The water diversion proposal was never about urban south-east Queensland. It is about the big mines, cotton lobby and other bulk water users primarily in the Murray Darling Basin.
Your soothing words will not discourage me, as I do not share your optimisim.

16 August 2007 at 6:35 pm  
Blogger Lang Mack said...

I know what it is about, I didn't mean to come over as soothing, however, I'm more than convinced that this lot will be ousted shortly and things will change. I'm still convinced that this was/is policy made on the run and that Turnbull is sniffing the wind and will do a rethink, based on survival. You are an excellent advocate for our/your area, and I feel you should get more support.Of the positive kind. That being said, never let up, I don't live in your area, but up the hill, as I said before, however am on your side.

16 August 2007 at 6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice to contemplate a change of government, but is is a horse race and I have attended enough country races to know a horse can sometimes surprise.
I do get a great deal of North Coast support - just not in the blog comments section.
I have been lobbying on local issues for years and most locals know how to contact me direct.
Still, it was kind of you to offer words of support.

16 August 2007 at 7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home